CHALLENGE: Defense Medical Readiness Training Institute (DMRTI) needed to provide comprehensive education and training support for a variety of conference-style courses in the priority subject areas of homeland security; defense, chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives (CBRNE); emergency management; and medical training. The broad spectrum of support that Vertex Solutions Group (VSG) provided included comprehensive needs analyses; course and curricular designs and redesigns based on evolving USG and international requirements; instructor-led training (ILT) courseware development; scheduled and adhoc revisions; course content evaluation and validation; subject matter expertise; project management; administrative support; and development of student resources, such as handbooks, slide sets, training aids, exercise scenarios, and activities.
- Designed and developed three Medical Stability Operations (MSO) curricula; fulfilled training needs of military health system executives, Provincial Reconstruction Teams, and Medical Embedded Training Teams.
- Completed in-depth content analysis of and redesigned the Joint Operations Medical Managers Course (JOMMC); utilized new Joint publication guidance and highly effective and innovative training activities.
- Collaborated with subject matter experts to design and develop the Public Health Emergency Management Course; effectively met the needs of installation Public Health Officers and Medical Emergency Managers.
- Provided expert on-site administrative support, instruction, and scenario facilitation for the full spectrum of exportable Incident Command System Courses, JOMMC, and MSO; fulfilled DoD-wide training needs.
- Participated on international design team for the Mobile Learning Environment Proof of Concept project; utilized MSO concepts to validate effectiveness of mobile device training for 22 coalition partners.