CHALLENGE: Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI) sought to revitalize and raise the profile of the FAI brand to better communicate and broaden its appeal to their audience of civilian acquisition professionals and program/project managers. To accomplish this goal, FAI wanted to distinguish itself in the government space and “prepare today’s workforce for tomorrow’s challenges.”
SOLUTION: The Vertex Solutions Group (VSG) team conducted research via interviews and focus groups along with surveys of the target acquisition user population, resulting in a Strategic Needs Analysis. Based on these findings, VSG developed a communication strategy and recommendations for the FAI team. The VSG team designed and delivered a robust, integrated communications program for FAI:
- Refreshed the FAI brand and designed a visually appealing, integrated communications campaign to engage FAI audiences and key stakeholders. The campaign materials include conference banners and signage, PowerPoint templates, business cards, website splash page, user guides, eNewsletter, etc.
- Developed a communications plan for FAITAS software release consisting of presentation deck, email templates, posters, and FAQs. Also redesigned FAITAS user guide to make it easier to access and use.
- Provided strategy on the FAI website content and information architecture. Created wireframes for the FAI team. Developed an engaging and user-friendly Drupal website design.
- Built a social media strategy for the launch of FAI’s website on Twitter and Facebook.
- Providing ongoing support for the FAI website, making improvements and adding enhancments such as adding a video library containing recorded live webinars relevant to the acquisition community, integrating social media feeds for real time information, and supporting messaging and promotional banners for topical information and events.
RESULT: The FAI website is the “one stop shop” for information for the federal acquisition workforce including information on training, certifications, careers, policies, newsletters, calendars, guides, tools, studies and reports, communities of practice, frequently asked questions (FAQs), etc. VSG successfully revitalized and raised the profile of the FAI brand to better communicate and broaden its appeal to civilian acquisition professionals—www.fai.gov. VSG’s Drupal solution increased the FAI website traffic by 15%.